Roast lamb forequarter rack with cumin
Ethical Farmers lamb forequarter rack is the ideal roast for two. The rub takes moments to put together and the cook itself takes a quick 40 minutes in the oven. A perfect year round recipe that pairs well with light and bright side sides as well as more comforting carbs and roasty things when it's wet or cold outside.
1 Ethical Farmers lamb forequarter rack
1 tsp olive oil or ghee
1 tbsp cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes or powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- If possible, remove lamb from fridge 30-60 mins before cooking. Pre-heat your oven to 180c.
- Mix the spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub the olive oil or ghee onto the lamb and follow with the spice rub. Make sure the forequarter is covered all over.
- Place the lamb on a baking dish lined with baking paper and bake for 40-50 min for medium-medium well.
- Rest the lamb for 5-8 min then slice along the ribs.